You are an apprentice, so you want to get hands-on training and the chance to put your skills into practice. Right?
On the top, you want to join a company that is a leader in its field, and which could be your future. Join the Sterling TT Team, pioneers in heat exchange innovation. You will be part of a global leader in customised heat exchanger design and manufacture.
We listen carefully to our clients’ requirements and understand their challenges. So, in addition to building durable equipment, we strive to develop and build long-lasting relationships with them.
There are lots of opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills. Furthermore, we invest in our people and want to keep them.
You’ll work in a company that has a track record of collaboration with global brands and SME’s in over 50 countries. It demonstrates our ability to solve the most complex challenges. We strive to help our clients in areas such as decarbonisation, energy transition, energy from waste, etc. Again, an opportunity for you to develop.
Read the blog of one of our successful apprentices and see how he has evolved since he started at Sterling TT
So, do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, are eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.
Sterling Thermal Technology Ltd
Brunel Road, Rabans Lane Industrial Area
You are expected to work at 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday
£13,000 per annum
Who you’ll interact with
You will work as part of the Machining Team within the Production environment.
You will be fully supported in the role by the Production Supervisors and Milton Keynes College.
What you’ll need to succeed
GCSE English and Maths 4-9 or level 2 equivalents.
- Good attention to detail
- Able to communicate, express their opinions clearly and fluently.
- Able to work effectively with individuals, teams, staff and customers.
- Open to new ideas and experiences, seeks out learning opportunities.
- Keen to learn.
- Flexible in approach to work and learning.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Determined and motivated.
- Look after the Company’s interests at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business.
- Ensure that the Company’s procedures are followed.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Comply strictly with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- To carry out production operations and training exercises to meet the requirements of the Level 3 Machining Technician Apprenticeship Standard and level 3 Diploma in Advance Manufacturing (developmental knowledge) through Milton Keynes College.
- To complete production duties /training exercises as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- Participate in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out and ensure all defective work is immediately brought to the attention of the Production Supervisor.
- Carry out any relevant administrative tasks.
- Ensure workmanship is to the required standard.
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Engineering Communications
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mathematics
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Advanced milling
- Advanced turning
- Computer numerical control (CNC) programming/machining
- Computer Aided Design Techniques
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Workplace improvement
Key Result Areas
- Strict adherence to all Health & Safety laws and requirements and safe working practices.
- Satisfactory completion of the level and quality of work to meet the requirements of the Level 3 Machining Apprenticeship Standard Ref ST130 and Level 3 Diploma Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (development knowledge)
- Maintenance of the required levels of quality in all production / training activities.
- Efficient and timely completion of all production / training activities.
How we’ll support you
Sterling TT, with the support of Milton Keynes, college will provide you with the following training:
- Level 3 Machining Apprenticeship Standard Ref ST0607 and
- Level 3 Diploma in Advance Manufacturing (developmental knowledge)
This will involve:
- Regular attendance at Milton Keynes College.
- Regular visits from the College to the workplace.
- Observations and assessments in the workplace.
- Use of e-portfolio.
- End Point Assessment.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site electric charging points
Sterling TT is looking to offer full time permanent employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Feels like it’s your ideal apprenticeship