Our growing company, which operates in a specialist niche market, is looking for a motivated Business Development Manager with extensive technical expertise within the heat exchanger industry.
We want to recruit someone to develop and implement growth strategies to help achieve our revenue goals.
The successful candidate will have a specific focus on steam air heaters related to energy from waste (EfW) encompassing air blast coolers (ABCs).
Overall, you will improve and grow Sterling Thermal Technology’s business and will establish and develop relationships with customers, prospects and other partners by:
- Thinking strategically and setting aims and objectives to develop and improve our business.
- Performing market research to identify new opportunities, including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships and products and services.
- Engaging with STT’s executives to establish plans for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Creating and improving proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement a strategy to support STT’s business development, including developing USP’s and marketing materials for specific targeted markets and applications.
- Understanding the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of the company and competing technologies.
- Monitoring competitor activities.
- Contributing to the preparation of sales and marketing strategies, plans and budgets and setting goals and objectives in meeting those strategies.
Who you will interact with
As a Business Development Manager, you will work as part of a team with a direct reporting line to the Group Sales & Marketing Director. Experts of the business will fully support you in your position.
What you will need to succeed
- Previous experience within the heat exchanger industry is essential.
- A track-proven record within a business development role.
- A strong growth mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Good relationship builder.
- Exceptional product knowledge.
It’s a national position. We are flexible with where the candidate is located, but we expect the person to travel to both Sterling TT’s sites when needed. Our sites are located in Aylesbury (HP19 8TD) and Water Orton (B46 1NS).
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include the below.
- Virtual interview process.
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment.
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible.
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces.
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites.
- Virtual meetings and remote working.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.