Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a manufacturing background to join our production team
We require an experienced CNC Machinist to join the team. To undertake:
- the conventional machining i.e. turning, vertical boring & drilling etc of various components in accordance with the drawings as instructed.
- the setting & operating of CNC drilling & milling machines
You must have worked for a minimum of 2 years within production in a manufacturing industry.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on a ‘late’ shift, i.e., Monday– Friday 10am – 6pm
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the production environment.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literacy
Key skills required
- Ideally, applicants will have a minimum of two years’ experience within a CNC Manufacturing environment.
- You must have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business and
- The ability to operate CNC machines in an efficient way to optimize machine utilisation and reduce cost.
- To work as a part of the Production team in fulfilling the machining requirements
- To carry out the conventional & CNC machining of Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium & CuNi materials as instructed.
- To manufacture work in line with the tolerances and dimensions stated on our drawings and to maintain a high standard of workmanship at all times.
- To participate with all ISO 9001 quality requirements as dictated by procedures and working practises.
- To ensure that all documents are followed and maintained in line with defined requirements.
- To maximise the output of the machine at all times to ensure that efficiencies are adhered too or improved.
- To participate in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out and ensure all defective work is immediately brought to the attention of the Production Controller.
- To ensure that all relevant Health & Safety practices are maintained and to promote safe working at all times.
- Play an active role in developing the safe and efficient systems of work within the Production environment.
- To keep all machinery in a safe working condition – reporting any issues to the Production Controller and arranging any service and repair.
- To carry out general duties when required.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Feels like it’s your ideal job