Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a manufacturing background to join our production team, and to take the lead in manufacturing high quality parts using CNC and traditional machines.
We require an experienced CNC Machinist to join the team. To undertake:
- the conventional machining i.e. turning, vertical boring & drilling etc of various components in accordance with the drawings as instructed.
- the setting & operating of CNC drilling & milling machines
You must have worked for a minimum of 2 years within production in a manufacturing industry.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on a ‘late’ shift, i.e., Monday– Friday 10am – 6pm
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the production environment.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literacy
Key skills required
- Ideally, applicants will have a minimum of two years’ experience within a CNC Manufacturing environment.
- You must have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business and
- The ability to operate CNC machines in an efficient way to optimize machine utilisation and reduce cost.
- To work as a part of the Production team in fulfilling the machining requirements
- To carry out the conventional & CNC machining of Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium & CuNi materials as instructed.
- To manufacture work in line with the tolerances and dimensions stated on our drawings and to maintain a high standard of workmanship at all times.
- To participate with all ISO 9001 quality requirements as dictated by procedures and working practises.
- To ensure that all documents are followed and maintained in line with defined requirements.
- To maximise the output of the machine at all times to ensure that efficiencies are adhered too or improved.
- To participate in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out and ensure all defective work is immediately brought to the attention of the Production Controller.
- To ensure that all relevant Health & Safety practices are maintained and to promote safe working at all times.
- Play an active role in developing the safe and efficient systems of work within the Production environment.
- To keep all machinery in a safe working condition – reporting any issues to the Production Controller and arranging any service and repair.
- To carry out general duties when required.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events
Feels like it’s your ideal job