Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for a skilled individual with a welding background to join our production team.
We require an additional experienced coded TIG Welder to carry out fabrication and welding work as directed by the Production Supervisor.
You must have worked for a minimum of 2 years in welding in the manufacturing industry.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on our ‘late’ shift, i.e. Monday– Friday 10am – 6pm
Candidates should expect a welding test as part of their interview process.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the production team.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literacy
Key skills required
- A certified TIG Welder
- Experience in working with Stainless Steel & Carbon Steel as a minimum.
- Experience in welding flux core.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Look after Sterling TT’s interests at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business.
- Ensure that Sterling TT’s procedures are followed.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Comply strictly with Sterling TT’s health and safety policy.
Specific duties include to
- Carry out production duties in the fabrication and welding areas as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- Participate in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out, and ensure all defective work is immediately brought to the attention of the Production Supervisor.
- Carry out MPI/Dye Pen Inspections as required.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is always to the highest standards.
- Carry out and demonstrate 5S culture in your area of work as required.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is completed in a timely manner.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site electric charging points
Feels like it’s your ideal job