We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a manufacturing background to join our production team.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Welding team, reporting to Production Supervisor (Welding).
You will be fully supported in your position by others across the business.
We require experienced coded welders to carry out fabrication and welding work as directed by the Welding Supervisor.
You must have worked for a minimum of 2 years in welding in the manufacturing industry.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on our ‘late’ shift, i.e.
Monday – Wednesday 1.30pm – 11.30pm
Thursday 1.30pm – 11.00pm.
Essential attributes to succeed
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
Key skills required
- To be a certified welder.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ensure Sterling TT’s procedures are followed.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Look after the company’s interests at all times.
- Comply strictly with the Sterling TT’s health and safety policy.
- Carry out production duties in the fabrication and welding areas as directed by the Welding Supervisor.
- Participate in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out and ensure all defective works are immediately brought to the attention of the Welding Supervisor.
- Carry out any relevant administrative tasks, including booking of jobs using the EPICOR MRP system and recording information for welder qualification purposes.
- Carry out MPI/Dye Pen Inspections as required.
- Continually strive for the highest quality standards whilst minimising waste and proactively seek added value opportunities through continuous improvement methodologies.
- Carry out and demonstrate 5S culture in your area of work as required.
- To ensure that all work undertaken is completed in a timely manner.
How we’ll support you
The training and development needs of this position will be determined in consultation with the Welding Production Supervisor.
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you better understand our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events