We have an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing business in a specialist niche market.
Sterling TT is looking for an organised individual to work within the Drawing Office at our site in Aylesbury as a Design Engineer.
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Fantastic! We’d love to hear from you.
The key responsibilities include the below ones.
- Participation in and maintaining the ISO 9000 QA system & procedures with the support of fellow employees.
- Responsibility for generating the drawings of STT products for manufacture.
- Maintaining up-to-date drawing records.
- Having a good working knowledge of shell & tube, and charge air heat exchanger.
You will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Engineering Team with a direct reporting line to the Drawing Office Manager and will be fully supported in your role by colleagues across the business.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues in all areas of the business.
- The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
- You must be able to work under your own initiative, but also be able to work as part of a team.
Key skills required
In addition to your expertise in shell and tube to API 660 and air blast unit to API 661, you must have proven abilities in:
- producing electric wiring diagrams,
- generating and compiling drawings, including generating the bill of materials,
- checking and approving drawings for manufacture using the sales and contracts information,
- carrying out in-house & on-site ‘measure ups’,
- using AutoCAD 2011/2012 and Solidworks to generate drawings,
- producing manufacturing drawings of a variety of heat exchangers in accordance with the applicable standards and specifications,
- interacting with Customer/Engineering department to finalise unit design following internal handover.
- Solid Edge
- Fans and their wiring
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site electric charging points
Does it feel like it’s your ideal job?
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.