We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a strong engineering maintenance background to join our production team.
You will conduct maintenance tasks across the site, including machinery, buildings & services. You will also be expected to carry out electrical work when needed. So, this position is for a ‘multi-skilled’ engineer.
You will be expected to ‘troubleshoot’ and conduct preventative maintenance routines to prolong the useful life/optimise our existing machinery’s efficiency that include presses, machining centres, punches, lathes, drills etc.
You will support continual improvement by identifying site improvement opportunities with the Production Engineering Manager. You will also work with the Compliance Officer to ensure we comply with Health and Safety Regulations throughout the site.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Production environment and report directly to the Production Engineering Manager & Compliance Officer.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative, but also able to work as part of a team.
- A proven track record of mechanical and electrical ‘fault-finding’.
Key skills required
- A minimum of 3 years or more experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment as an on-site Maintenance Engineer.
- A minimum of a level 3 electrical qualification or time served within an electrical engineering apprenticeship.
- Certified to BS 7671- 17th or 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
- Have proven skills in mechanical and electrical fault finding and repair.
- Capable of conducting maintenance tasks on a wide range of machinery.
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Qualified IPAF operator
- Experience with 3-phase electric motors
Your responsibilities include to:
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks on buildings, services & plant.
- Conduct repairs on production machinery to minimise any potential downtime.
- Complete all electrical work requests within the production environment.
- Ensure workmanship is of a high standard to ensure the continued safety of machinery.
- Organise and maintain service contracts.
- Arrange attendance of any specialist contractors to maintain machinery, buildings, services and manage their onsite activity.
- Establish and maintain the repair and maintenance records of all machinery and equipment within the company, including manufacturer’s details, specifications, and manuals.
- Assist in the training of production operatives with regular machinery maintenance checks.
- Conduct regular routine testing of the fire alarm system and update records and ensure that all fire safety equipment is maintained and tested in a timely manner.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site electric charging points
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality and eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.