As a result of continued growth within Sterling Thermal Technology we are seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to take on this new position within the Operations Management team based at the Aylesbury facility.
The role will have leadership responsibility for x2 maintenance engineers and will support all areas of the business as their internal customers.
We require an experienced Facilities Manager with experience of both setting up and running a facilities department.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week, working Mon – Fri 08:00 – 16:00hrs, however due to the seniority of the position a degree of flexibility will be required in line with business needs.
Who you will interact with
Reporting into the Head of Operations you will interact with the Operations Management team of the Production Manager, Planning & Stores Manager and Engineering/CI Manager.
What you will need to succeed
- Experience of managing a medium size site.
- An understanding of Facilities Management.
- Experience of delivering against KPIs.
- Construction Design and Management Regulation Knowledge.
- Excellent partnering, collaborative working, engagement, influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and an understanding of CI processes
- An understanding of ROI calculations for CAPEX proposals.
- IOSH Certified or similar.
Key skills required
- Engineering based qualification.
- A proactive mindset to support minimal disruption in relation to breakdowns and unforeseen issues in relation to the fabric of the building.
- A methodical approach and discipline in relation to managing a sustainable PPM system.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Significant relevant Facilities Management experience including portfolio and budget responsibility.
- Overall responsibility for the building’s fabric and facilities.
- Maintaining statutory compliance.
- Management of spend against budget (with variance reporting).
- Procurement of planned and reactive contractors.
- Contractor management and administration of RAMS.
- Performance evaluation of service providers.
- Planning, implementing & monitoring PPM routines.
- Out of hours emergency contact procedure in relation to call out rota and escalation process.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events
Feels like it’s your ideal job