We have an opportunity for an organised individual to work for 20 hours per week within the Finance Team at our site in Aylesbury. We would consider any arrangement of these hours across the week.
Key responsibilities include the below
- To maintain and control the company’s primary ledgers and update cashbook daily.
- To post supplier remittances and undertake monthly supplier statement reconciliation.
- To process employee expense forms and maintain mileage tracker sheet.
- Fleet record management.
- To collect and record contractors’ timesheets.
- To maintain our employee absence tracker sheet and records.
- To work closely with other members of the Finance Team to provide support in the operation of the ledgers.
- To support the Executive Team with required administrative tasks, including but not restricted to word processing, circulation of month-end reports, travel arrangements.
Initially you will be expected to work 20 hours per week on-site in Aylesbury, and after reaching proficiency in the role, for the majority of your time
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Finance Team with a direct reporting line to the Financial Controller and will be fully supported in your role by colleagues across the business.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- You should be able to work under your own initiative, but also be able to work as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, suppliers and colleagues in all areas of the business.
- To manage tasks effectively within a fluid and pressurised environment.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and to meet expected deadlines.
- In addition, the jobholder must be able to keep finance and administrative records in an efficient and confidential manner.
Key skills required
- Previous knowledge and experience in operating in this or similar roles.
- An understanding of principles and practices within a Finance environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting software.
Experience in the manufacturing industry
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include:
- Virtual interview process if required.
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment.
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible.
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces.
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.