We have an opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our growing business. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work for a unique business that offers fantastic career progression.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for all general ledger/financial accounting. They will be required to work closely with the finance team members, and functional managers, to ensure that objectives are met with the expected time scales.
Your responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Co-ordination of month-end tasks, closure of primary ledgers and reporting to trial balance
- Work with FC to ensure the timely completion of monthly management accounts
- Month-end sales and deposits reconciliations, job closure, capture of costs, COS reserve calculation, margin, and variance analysis.
- Monthly review and posting of prepayments, accruals, depreciation and FX revaluations
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register and Leased Asset Schedule
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet Control Accounts
- Weekly cash flow update and assist with cashflow forecasting
- Epicor system admin including currency, customer and country record update, also stock cost adjustments
- Periodic VAT, CDS, Import/ export and ONS reporting
- Support ABL / External auditor requests as appropriate
- Work closely with other members of the Finance Team to provide support in the operation of the primary ledgers, ensuring Finance departmental deadlines are met, and to provide cover in their absence.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week and does require being onsite 5 days per week.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset.
- Accounting experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting software
- Computer literacy
What you will need to succeed
A strong work ethic, a positive attitude with good attention to detail
The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events
Feels like it’s your ideal job