We have an opportunity for two organised, committed and enthusiastic graduates to join our team to enhance the current business performance further.
You will be part of a team asked to support STT’s current and future product range ensuring that we continue to apply appropriate standards and that are rigorous and cost-effective.
We will ask you to use proven, innovative, or emerging technology solutions to execute mechanical designs and transfer them to manufacture – this includes providing drawing packs and bills of materials (BOMs).
You will need to apply theoretical knowledge of design principles to solve technical problems within both the Engineering and Research & Development (R&D) environments.
You will also be expected to provide the broader business with technical advice in Mechanical Engineering and any necessary support in any investigations.
Who you will interact with
You will report directly to the Engineering Director who will manage your programme to make sure you get a complete understanding of our business.
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in Mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering or a related science as a minimum academic requirement.
- An understanding of engineering practices and industry standards/quality systems and ISO.
- Working knowledge of design software SolidWorks, PVElite, and Ansys.
- A strong team player, confident in building effective relationships working with cross-functional teams.
- An curious and forward-thinking individual who is always looking to learn and develop.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator – both orally and written.
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to identify and recommend processes and improvements which will benefit the business.
- ‘Hands-on’ work experience within experimental work & testing.
- Experience in R & D preferably gained in an industrial environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Support existing and New Technology Development (NTD) projects for the business to ensure that STT can provide reliable and rigorous technical solutions to our clients’ requirements.
- Work on Standards of Work to ensure that development, qualification, and experimental work meet the NTD process requirements and other regulatory schemes.
- Ensure the objectives are achieved in a timely, compliant and cost-effective manner by creating a programme of tasks/ deliverables.
- Be accountable for the success of deliverables during implementation.
- Work with appropriate internal and external resources to optimise project delivery.
- Support process improvements by completing investigations/failure analysis and provide offering solutions to meet the needs of the business and its clients.
- Use existing knowledge of Commercial Software (Ansys, PVElite, Solidworks) coupled with in-house developed excel spreadsheets to provide mechanical designs for our clients.
- Support our current product improvement processes by introducing any new technical and commercial improvement/reliability initiatives.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your business knowledge, gaining knowledge of the industry, product range and available technology.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include:
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
- Virtual meetings and remote working
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.