Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market as the Group Quality Manager?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
Who you’ll interact with
A member of the Senior Management Team and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Group Quality Manager will have overall responsibility of the quality function, which will serve as an independent function within the business.
To effectively manage and maintain the quality function within the Company, and develop an efficient and effective programme that satisfies the company, its clients and prevailing legislation.
To actively participate in the demands of the Company’s health, safety and environmental programme to meet Company policy and promote a safe working environment.
The successful applicant will be required to travel and work outside of the UK.
What you will need to succeed
- Knowledge & experience of Engineering standards including but not limited to ASME, PED & ATEX
- Knowledge & experience of pressure vessel coding (PED, Norsok, CUTR, ABS etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders, including clients, suppliers and staff
- High resilience and adaptability to deal constructively when challenging the status quo
- Quality focused with skills in evaluating company procedures and operating processes by initiating & controlling a planned programme of system reviews.
- Strong analytical skills – to develop, analyse and provide commentary on project plans and performance
- High integrity, to build trust with all stakeholders
- Strong IT skills
Key attributes required
- Managing internal relationships with the ability to challenge when necessary
- Attention to detail
- Planning and control
- Excellent technical skills
Key responsibilities include
- Establishment, development and monitoring of the company’s quality assurance programme.
- Responsible for assigning, directing and evaluating work across all quality disciplines.
- Oversee development and maintenance of quality competence.
- Lead and manage all quality employees.
- Heat Transfer fundamentals promoting the development of robust design processes for the range of extended-surface heat transfer equipment and shell and tube heat exchangers.
- Relevant international engineering standards and directives including but not limited to ASME, PED, ATEX.
- Establish third-party/NoBo requirements for product compliance with pressure vessel code (PED, Norsok, CUTR, ABS etc.)
- Composing and updating welding procedures in line with coding requirements.
- Design, engineering, and quality control for equipment supplied to ASME ‘U’ and ‘UM’ requirements.
- A wide range of competencies is required based on equipment variety. Features include but are not limited to acoustics (noise), fluid flow characteristics, fan selection, corrosion protection, coatings (paint systems) and electrical installation and wiring.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support in systems and technical and training in line with the the role and business needs.