We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a strong engineering maintenance background to join our production team.
You will carry out maintenance tasks across the site, including machinery, buildings & services. So, this position is for a ‘multi-skilled’ engineer.
You will be expected to ‘troubleshoot’ and conduct preventative maintenance routines to prolong the useful life/optimise our existing machinery’s efficiency that include presses, machining centres, punches, lathes, drills etc.
You will support continual improvement through the identification of site improvement opportunities with the Production Manager. You will also work with the Compliance Officer to ensure we comply with Health and Safety Regulations throughout the site.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Production environment and report directly to the Production Manager & Compliance Officer.
What you will need to succeed
- A minimum of 3 years or more work experience in a similar onsite hands-on Maintenance Engineer position.
- A minimum of C & G Level 3 Electrical qualification (or equivalent) and a sound knowledge of Electrical Regulations.
- Have proven skills in mechanical and electrical fault finding and repair.
- The capability of carrying out maintenance tasks on a wide range of machinery.
- 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
- To read engineering drawings
Key skills required
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative, but also able to work as part of a team.
- A proven track record of mechanical and electrical ‘fault-finding’.
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks on buildings, services & plant.
- Conduct repairs on production machinery to minimise any potential downtime.
- Complete all electrical work requests within the production environment.
- Ensure workmanship is of a high standard to ensure the continued safety of machinery.
- Execute regular oil and coolant checks and replace and discard as necessary.
- Organise and maintain service contracts.
- Arrange attendance of any specialist contractors to maintain machinery, buildings, services and manage their onsite activity.
- Establish and maintain the repair and maintenance records of all machinery and equipment within the company, including manufacturer’s details, specifications, and manuals.
- Conduct regular routine testing of fire alarm system and update records.
- Ensure that all fire safety equipment is maintained and tested in a timely manner.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include the below.
- Virtual interview process.
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment.
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible.
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces.
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites.
- Virtual meetings and remote working.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.