You will provide day-to-day production engineering support to the manufacturing facility to deliver finished products to the required quality, cost and delivery targets.
You will be expected to provide planning from concept to completion of new products and orders in relation to design for manufacture, manufacturing feasibility, tooling, equipment specification, and supporting documentation.
The role will focus on the pressing, assembly, fabrication, and machining processes, with the ownership for driving efficiency gains through collaborative process improvements.
Who you’ll interact with
You will be part of the production team and report directly to the Facilities Manager
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience for at least two years within a CNC Manufacturing environment or Assembly MTO (Make To Order) facility.
- Degree qualified with experience in manufacturing/production engineering gained within a low to medium-volume high-quality fabrication and assembly environment.
- Ideally, a Lean/Six Sigma qualification to at least a yellow belt standard. Alternatively, evidence of exposure to Continuous Improvement opportunities throughout your career.
- Experience in metal forming and fabrication, including basic pressing and experience of equipment utilised in these processes.
- Proven ability to manage the installation and commissioning of high-value production equipment and the subsequent handover to production.
- Ability to conceptualise and specify assembly tooling and equipment.
- Ability to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
- Experience in working in a Quality environment.
- Experience in project management to install new equipment using FAT’s and SAT’s to control the project flow.
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
- Managing PFMEA process’s and carrying out RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to minimise exposure to COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality).
- Using CAD packages, ideally Solidworks/AutoCAD)
- CNC and manual machining techniques.
- ERP systems
- Automatic machine control programs (PLC’s, etc.)
Your responsibilities include
- Supporting the Production Engineering Manager in delivering smooth and effective support to the manufacturing business.
- Organising, planning, commissioning and maintaining production equipment.
- Promoting a “Visual Management” method of communication.
- Supporting a ‘Continuous Improvement’ philosophy in all aspects of the role.
- Communicating by “exception” risk and/or concerns in a timely manner to allow recovery action planning.
- Ensuring all company procedures are adhered to.
- Dealing with constraints/secure support/assistance of the Production Engineer Manager.
- Promoting a high-level of housekeeping throughout a manufacturing environment using such disciplines as 5S.
- Controlling and supervising overtime once agreed in advance with the Production Engineering Manager.
- Ensuring processes, tools and techniques are developed to “best practice”.
- Identifying ways to reduce costs.
- Identifying project costs and agreeing control limits with the Production Engineering Manager.
- Working proactively with Design Engineers to optimise designs for machining (DFM).
- Analysing and providing solutions to problems relating to the assembly process (e.g., identifying constraints within the processes and initiating the appropriate improvement actions).
- Collecting data and investigating any non-conformances to initiate corrective actions
- Supporting Production staff on their daily targets to ensure smooth machining processes.
- Giving support to manufacturing engineering activities and identifying long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Generating and maintaining process documentation, including but not limited to PFMEA, control plans, flow charts & process docs, e.g., layout, etc.
- Specifying designs for fixtures & tooling for in-house or subcontracting manufacture.
- Performing other Production Engineer activities as and when required.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
Are you eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.