Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a manufacturing background to join our production team.
STT are looking for a Mechanical Fitter & Assembler.
Assembling heat exchanger units from pre-manufactured parts, candidates will need to be mechanically orientated, able to read engineering drawings, operate fixed and hand –held machinery and have an eye for detail.
You must have worked for a minimum of 2 years within production in a manufacturing industry.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on our ‘early’ shift, i.e. Monday– Friday 6am – 2pm
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the production environment.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- Solve problems,
- Work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literacy
Key skills required
- An NVQ/BTech Mechanical qualification
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- To carry out fitting /assembly work as directed by Production Leader.
- To adhere to working instructions as specified internally from engineers, project manager and supervisors.
- To follow all Health & Safety requirements.
- Participate in the quality control processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Work to a high standard of manufacturing.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site electric charging points