Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a manufacturing background to join our production team.
We require an experienced Fitter who can also cover paint shop activities if the need arises.
You must have worked for a minimum of 2 years within production in a manufacturing industry.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on our ‘late’ shift, i.e. Monday– Friday 10am – 6pm
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the production environment.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- solve problems,
- work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literacy
Key skills required
- An NVQ/BTech Mechanical qualification
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- Powder Coating or Wet Spray experience
- To carry out fitting /assembly work as directed by Production Leader.
- To cover painting operations and to assist in the work carried out in any other production area when and where the need arises.
- To adhere to working instructions as specified internally from engineers, project manager and supervisors.
- To follow all Health & Safety requirements.
- Participate in the quality control processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Work to a high standard of manufacturing.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include the below.
- Virtual interview process.
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment.
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible.
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces.
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites.
- Virtual meetings and remote working.