We have an opportunity for an organised, committed, and enthusiastic graduate to join our team to enhance our business performance further.
You will be part of the Sterling TT Production Team and will be asked to work in various functions and take on practical “hands-on” operational responsibilities.
Your programme of development will include secondments within Production Supervision and Project Management. Additional development will be determined based on business need, opportunity, and individual interest and will be in functions such as Procurement, Production Engineering and Inspection.
Who you will interact with
You will report directly to the Engineering Director who will manage your programme to ensure understand our business completely.
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering or a related science
- An understanding of engineering practices and industry standards/quality systems, and ISO
- A strong team player, confident in building effective relationships and working within cross-functional teams.
- A curious and forward-thinking individual who is always looking to learn and develop
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail
- An excellent communicator – both orally and written
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to identify and recommend processes and improvements which will benefit the business
- A practical and logical individual with strong problem-solving skills
- ‘Hands-on’ work experience within a production environment.
- Working knowledge of design software SolidWorks, PVElite, and Ansys
- To support existing and New Technology Development (NTD) projects for the business to make sure Sterling TT can provide reliable and rigorous production solutions to our clients’ requirements.
- To work on Standards of Work to ensure that development, qualification, and experimental work meet NTD process requirements.
- To create a programme of tasks/deliverables that is achievable in a timely, compliant and cost-effective manner.
- To be accountable for the success of deliverables during implementation.
- To work with appropriate internal and external resources to optimise project delivery.
- To support process improvements by completing investigations/failure analysis and providing solutions to meet the needs of the business and its clients.
- To support our current product improvement processes by introducing any new technical and commercial improvement/reliability initiatives.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your knowledge of the industry, product range and available technology.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, are eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.