We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a strong engineering maintenance background to join our production team.
You will be expected to provide production engineering support to deliver finished products to the required Quality, Cost & Delivery.
More specifically, you are required to provide production engineering expertise to the power presses and Elfin finning process to continue the bedding and development of these two relocated processes.
The role will also focus on investigating a technology update for the machine shop to exploit the opportunity for process efficiency and space.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Production environment and report directly to the Production Engineering Manager.
Qualities and expertise you need to succeed
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Self-motivated and managed
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of products and processes
- Planning skills
- Flexible, shares knowledge with the Team and other departments
- Ability to train others
- Effective communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
Key skills required
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate Manufacturing/Production engineering experience gained within a low to medium volume high-quality press and fabrication environment.
- A background in press operations, tube manipulation and tube forming processes and equipment used in these processes.
- Ability to conceptualise and specify assembly tooling and equipment.
- Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
- Experience in working in a Quality Environment
- Some knowledge of CNC machining
- Experience in working with CAD packages, ideally Solidworks & AutoCAD
- Experience working with Epicor ERP system or similar.
- Experience/understanding of automatic machine control programs (PLC’s etc.)
Your responsibilities include
- Support the Production Engineering Manager in delivering smooth & effective support to the manufacturing business.
- Organise, plan, commission and maintain production equipment.
- Promote a “Visual Management” method of communication with the Team and others.
- Communicate by “exception” risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning.
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to.
- Deal with constraints/ secure support/assistance of the Production Engineer Manager.
- Promote a high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment to 5S standard.
- Control & supervise overtime once agreed in advance with the Production Engineering Manager
- Ensure process tools and techniques are developed to “best practice” working with production.
- Design and implement the assembly and test processes for assembly (including tools, equipment, fixtures etc.)
- Identify ways to reduce costs.
- Identify project costs and agree control limits with Production Engineering Manager
- Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers to optimise designs for machining (DFM)
- Analyse and provide solutions to problems relating to the assembly process (e.g., identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions)
- Collect data and investigate non-conformances to initiate corrective actions to achieve the company quality targets.
- Define maintenance & TPM plans to ensure plant/equipment is maintained/serviced in line with requirements.
- Support Production on their daily targets and advise Production Team Leaders to ensure smooth machining processes.
- Give support to manufacturing engineering activities for identifying long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Generate process documentation and maintain it, including but not limited to PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts & Process docs, Layout, etc.
- Specify designs for fixtures & tooling for in-house or subcontract manufacture.
- Perform other production engineer activities as and when required.
- Train and coordinate production staff during process handover to production
- Organise and chair meetings with other team members.
- Coordinate projects
- Support project meetings to convey and ensure adherence to DFM as applied to the manufacturing facility.
- Participate and support continuous improvement.
- Understand, fully comply with, and support the Quality & Environmental Management Systems
- Make suggestions and recommendations to improve QCD & H&S
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensure Environmental Health & Safety policy is followed at all times.
- Promote Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Ensure correct manual handling procedures are adhered to.
- Conduct safety and housekeeping checks.
- Monitor, control and implement where necessary risk assessment procedures.
- To ensure all team members are equipped with PPE and use it.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events
Feels like it’s your ideal job