Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for an individual to work within the Procurement Office at our site in Aylesbury.
We are looking for a Project Buyer, who will be responsible for:
- Supplier Relationship Management.
- Tender / Benchmarking activities.
- Identifying long lead and high costed items at project handovers.
- Material / inventory reduction management.
- Liaising with the Production and Purchasing Manager to give live status reports and updates.
- Working closely with others in the department to identify continuous improvements to reduce time and cost.
- Managing projects from a procurement aspect from design concept through to delivery, ensuring material and pricing are to specification and budget.
- All other associated tasks to support the Procurement team as and when the business requires.
Who you’ll interact with
This role is working as part of a team with a direct reporting line to the Purchasing Manager, who reports to the Operations Director.
You will be fully supported in the role by experts across the business.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Good negotiation skills.
- Capacity to analyse cost-effectiveness and make sound business decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities for multiple projects.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work effectively in a high paced and demanding environment.
- Experience working with MRP & ERP Systems.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of purchasing concepts in a manufacturing environment.
- Level 4 or higher CIPS certification, a diploma/degree or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Commercial experience in a manufacturing /buying /Procurement function
- Experience with Lean / Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ability to read and work with technical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge/experience with logistics.
- Raising purchase orders according to the MRP demands, and purchase requisitions in a timely manner ensuring they are raised correctly with accurate information to allow the purchase.
- Management of supplier relationships on a day-to-day basis chasing delivery shortage and requesting best price possible to keep costs under project budget.
- Managing supplier performance through OTIF, cost, quality and responsiveness through business reviews, phone calls and supporting the Purchasing Manager with quarterly business reviews.
- Identifying/creating cost-saving opportunities within your area, working in a project format to help deliver that cost saving to the business.
- Preparing and supporting tenders for new customer projects.
- Representing procurement in various meetings to support production and give updates on deliveries to facilitate production scheduling.
- Resolving invoice queries with finance and suppliers to ensure payments are on time. This will include amending orders and communicating with suppliers on any invoicing errors.
- Reacting to production demand change where required to pull in material to meet requirements.
- Inventory management, ensuring stock is maintained at correct values / levels and managing excess inventory.
- Raising part returns to suppliers for faulty parts, working through corrective action and remedy with the supplier whilst monitoring and recording each occurrence.
- Adhering to any Health and Safety or environmental company procedure to maintain safety for self and others around.
- Preparing reports and updates as and when required.
- Arranging transport when required.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support in systems and technical and training in line with the needs of the role and business.
Feels like it’s your ideal job