Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual with existing Project Management experience to work within Operations at our site in Aylesbury.
The expectation is that the Project Team will take full ownership of a project at the point of commercial handover.
Your main responsibilities will be to ensure allocated projects are executed on time, to budget and meet customer expectations.
Strong customer relationship management based on trust and accuracy, as well as clear communications with internal and external stakeholders are key to the success of this position.
Who you’ll interact with
As a member of the Project Team, you will report to the Lead Project Manager.
Experts across the business will support you in the role.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum of an HNC/HND in relevant engineering subjects.
- Experience in a previous Project Management role within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with various stakeholders including clients, suppliers and staff.
- High resilience and adaptability to deal constructively with conflicting priorities and setbacks.
- Commercially focused, with an eye for detail.
- Strong analytical skills to develop, analyse and provide commentary on project plans and performance.
- High integrity.
- IT competence.
What your key responsibilities will be
You will manage and deliver all projects to maximise value, on-time delivery and client satisfaction- advocating safe working practices at all times
You will manage all customer changes, including securing variation orders.
Sterling TT will expect you to manage these projects proactively to mitigate all risks and ensure profitability and meet customers’ expectations as a minimum.
You will work across the entire value chain from our clients to suppliers to understand their working methods and requirements. This will enable us to manage interactions such as drawing approvals, witness testing, transportation, documentation, third-party requirements, and important changes to timetables and technical specifications.
- Act as the point of contact between the client and the company, promoting a professional approach at all times.
- Recognise, present, and negotiate variations with the customer using internal specialists as required. For example, Thermal Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, etc.
- Develop a suitable contract programme and ensure that the contract activities are carried out to meet the programme requirements, tracking the status of specific duties.
- Be responsible for the customer contact post-order and all liaisons internally to ensure Right First Time (RFT), On-time delivery (OTD), and costs are in line with project expectations.
- Be the voice of the customer within STT. You will be expected to lead customer queries post-order by involving internal stakeholders as required.
- Champion safe working practices and standards as a priority to successful project delivery.
- Customer visits are required as part of the Project Manager’s role. This will include, but not be limited to, managing customer complaints, supporting sales activities, inspection of special items from suppliers and face-to-face meetings with the customer.
- Lead the communications across all departments involved. Provide the bad as well as the good news, advise customers of delays and additional costs as required and appropriate following co-ordination with the responsible salesperson and management
- Where items do not correspond, the Project Manager should lead resolution involving relevant stakeholders and, if necessary, the customer to resolve any differences from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Check the costs once the above has been completed, ensuring the major items have been included. Confirm the main materials, inspection, and certification are in accordance with the agreed scope of supply.
- Complete comprehensive contract reviews, report findings and recommendations.
Fulfilment of specification
- At handover, the Project Manager must ensure the Commercial Department has completed all necessary data and that the programme is achievable.
- At every stage, safety, quality, OTD and costs are critical measures. These all need to be managed effectively to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Establish the contract budgets and ensure costs remain within budget.
- Key dates from the programme are to be proactively monitored, with responsible departments being chased to meet their commitments. The Project Manager must liaise internally with the departments within the business and externally with customers for approvals and inspections if required, the focus being to meet all key milestone dates.
- You are expected to pro-actively escalate significant risks to the STT Exec Team at the earliest opportunity.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support in systems and technical and training in line with the needs of the role and business.
Feels like it’s your ideal job