Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
The role of Quality Engineer
You will be expected to participate in the Quality Inspection function within Sterling TT to maintain an efficient and effective inspection programme that satisfies the Company, its clients and prevailing legislation.
You will be an active participant in the demands of the health, safety and environmental programme to support our company policies and promote a safe working environment.
Who you will interact with
You will report to the Quality Manager and work with the Production and Engineering Team.
You will be fully supported in your position by others across the business.
Essential attributes to succeed
- A strong engineering background.
- A proven understanding of industry safety standards.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Experience in problem-solving methods and practices.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in using an ERP system.
- Able to issue clear instructions and be in a position to influence change.
- Flexibility to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Additional desirable skills include knowledge of welding & Lean Six Sigma (yellow or green belt)
Key skills required
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and good attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative, but also able to work as part of a team.
- To provide the knowledge and practical application of ASME, PED, Norsok, NACE and ABS, DNV and other associated bodies in relation to the manufacture of Sterling TT products.
- To assist with customer on-site and off-site inspections and visits as required.
- To perform compliance inspections of incoming goods and outgoing goods.
- To obtain and assess client enquiries- identifying the need for engineering support.
- To control and document the execution of all examinations and tests as required by current legislation, the manufacturing code or the clients’ specification or as considered necessary to establish the quality of the product consistent with safety and fitness for purpose.
- To conduct ‘stage’ and ‘final’ inspections of Sterling TT drawings and specification requirements.
- To collate and prepare the Quality documentation required by the Company and its clients, establishing the quality of the product and compliance with the clients’ purchasing specifications.
- To drive the root cause identification of internal and external quality issues /complaints.
- To monitor and communicate all quality issues found to suppliers through our NCP procedure and determine suitable corrective and preventative actions to avoid repeat issues.
- To report monthly on the suppliers’ performance with any improvement actions.
- To liaise with suppliers liaison on any design or manufacturing problems/queries.
- To assist with the simplification of manufacture and associated techniques to reduce time and costs.
- To support the calibration of pressure gauges.
- To participate in the inspection and quality control process within the stores and production areas within the Company and with our suppliers.
- To take on any reasonable other activities or assigned tasks delegated by the senior management.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- On-site parking
- On-site electric charging points
- Social events
Do you want to be part of our team as a Quality Engineer?