Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
As a key member of the sales team and reporting to the Commercial Director, the Sales & Product Specialist will have the overall responsibility, accountability and ownership of sales, applications and projects for the MoD, dairy, international and legacy related activities, including redesigns and new designs for heat exchangers.
The successful candidate will combine their technical knowledge and sales skills to achieve the company’s sales budget. You will maximise the potential from existing enquiries and customers, whilst identifying and developing new customers for the company’s products and services in line with the agreed sales plan.
You will participate in developing a sales and marketing plan and activities designed to meet the Sterling Thermal Technology business’s aims and objectives.
What you will need to succeed
- To work closely and liaise with the Applications Department on MoD, dairy, international and legacy related enquiries, including thermal and mechanical designs, estimating, proposals, contract review and handover for all types of heat exchanger equipment and associated products.
- To handover orders to Operations efficiently and effectively with scope, specification, schedule, costing and commercial terms clearly defined.
- To ensure the Operations team are provided with ‘Fit for Purpose’ job files for all MoD, dairy, international and legacy related orders following company procedures.
- To manage the designated projects including the MoD, dairy, international and legacy activities. MoD spares to be managed for all functions (including Epicor BOM & BOO) except shipping and documents.
- To continue developing test, inspect and reports for customer break downs and general inspections of older in service coolers, for replacement and potential modification/upgrades due to inspection findings.
- To visit worldwide sites when required at short notice due to customer commercial and technical requirements – to cover complaints and technical issues with coolers – for root cause inspections and meetings and potential upgrades.
Key attributes required
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering or scientific subject.
- Detailed knowledge of heat transfer technology, pressure vessels, materials, thermal design, mechanical design and production engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key responsibilities include
- Timely submission of innovative, compelling and competitive proposals.
- Securing and winning profitable orders in line with budgets and set targets.
- Management of proposals in terms of timing, specification, terms and conditions and margin.
- Management of assigned projects to time, specification, terms and conditions and budget.
- Repeat orders from existing customers.
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support in systems and technical and training in line with the role and business needs.
Does it feel like it’s your ideal job?