We have an opportunity for an individual to work within the Engineering team.
Key responsibilities including the below
- Maintain and develop the Production Processes Procedures
- Issue and control the Procedures Manual
- Monitor all production activities to ensure:
- adherence to the agreed process methods
- acceptable levels of product quality.
- Participate in the Quality and Purchasing functions to improve component and product quality
- Participate in the Design/Engineering functions to improve ‘Design for Manufacture’
- Participate in the Production Control function to ensure continuous improvements in manufacturing /data collection/development of manufacturing processes
- Conduct time and motion assessment
- Investigate and evaluate new plant and equipment
- Determine layout and flow of the production plant and equipment to provide the most efficient and effective production line(s)
- Be involved in the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the health and safety practices in the production areas in line with company policy and with the Compliance Officer’s support
- Arrange / conduct specific training programmes for all production personnel as appropriate
You will be expected to work 39 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8.30 am – 5 pm, Friday 8.30 am – 4pm, and on-site for the majority of your time
Who you will interact with
You will report to the Engineering Director and will be fully supported in your role by colleagues across the business.
What you will need to succeed
- Flexibility to work across both sites
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in low volumes/ batch industrial manufacturing
- Knowledge of a range of engineering functions and procedures
- An awareness of health and safety issues within a manufacturing environment
- Commercial awareness
- A ‘hands on’ approach
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt or above
Key skills required
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to all levels of the business
- A practical and logical approach to problem solving
- Experience in working within and managing a team
- The ability to work well under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
- Organisation and time management skills
- Project management skills
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skillset as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include:
- Virtual interview process if required.
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment.
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible.
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces.
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.