Do you want to be part of a growing business in a specialist niche market?
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for an organised individual with a manufacturing background to join our production team.
We will required you to carry out sheet metal, punch programming, brake press operations within our production environment.
Your normal hours of work will be 37½ per week on our ‘early’ shift i.e., Monday– Friday 6 am – 2 pm
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Production environment.
What you will need to succeed
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail.
- The ability to:
- problem solve,
- work under pressure,
- Must be able to work under your own initiative, but also able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Computer literacy
Key skills required
- You must be able to read engineering drawings.
- You will be expected to have extensive working knowledge in:
- CNC Nisshinbo punch operation and programming
- Pearson manual press brake experience or similar
- You must be experienced in manual drilling and tapping
- Conduct sheet metal and machining operations
- Be responsible for day-to-day maintenance and risk assessment of machinery and working area
- Participate in the quality control processes
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Work to a high standard of manufacturing
How we’ll support you
You will have ongoing support to develop and grow your skill set as you gain a greater understanding of our product range.
Sterling Thermal Technology is Covid-19 secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our employees safe. These include the below.
- Virtual interview process.
- Daily temperature screening and dynamic risk assessment.
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible.
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces.
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites.
- Virtual meetings and remote working.
Do you want to be part of this growing business in a specialist niche market?
If you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference and have the skills we require for this role – we’d love to hear from you.