In the dairy industry, heaters are critical elements in the drying process, but they often fail in extreme conditions, requiring replacement or extensive maintenance. These breakdowns occur because at elevated temperatures, materials such as steel and aluminium expand at different rates, leading to weld failures and tube leakage. We solved this problem by designing units that allow for thermal expansion. Our high efficiency Elfin plate fin technology withstands temperatures up to 400oC and high pressure up to 40 bar.
Smarter design for a longer life
Providing the relevant operational procedures are followed, a unit built to our exacting standards can be expected to last for 30 - 40 years in service.
Higher efficiency, lower maintenance
The design reduces system preparation times bringing processes online faster, for improved productivity. An innovative orifice arrangement replaces costly steam traps on flash steam sections to deliver savings on maintenance and operating costs.
Modular design allows sections to be bolted together and assembled as complete units. Individual modules can be removed, inspected, maintained and replaced as and when required.
We offer ‘custom-built’ heaters, using a variety of materials to meet applicable design and manufacturing code. We also provide a range of specialised heaters and coolers for secondary drying in fluidised beds applications. A typical arrangement includes a cooler, demister, re-heater and heater.
When designing a steam heater, we take into account the entire system and process to achieve maximum efficiency, using our experience, knowledge and computer aided tools to deliver innovative bespoke solutions.
- Steam air heater batteries - spray dryers
- Drying processes: baby powder and powdered vitamin, supplement drying
- Lactose Heaters
- Air Preheating (using evaporator condensate)
- Steam air heaters (condensate and steam sections)
- Multi-pressure steam air heating
- Hot oil thermal fluid air heating.
- Hybrid steam and hot oil air heating (for high temperature applications)
- Air heaters and re-heater for fluid bed secondary drying.
- Air coolers for fluidised beds
- Waste heat recovery
- Condensate recovery
- Product heaters - stainless steel contact parts